Image Credit: Claudia Bensimoun
Green foods like alfalfa, algae, spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass, and barley grass are known to be nutrient rich plants.But what makes these green foods so terrific for dogs is that they contain all the vitamins, trace elements and minerals needed for both human and dog health. So while making your morning smoothie, go ahead and make one for Fido too.Who doesn’t wish for an easy morning pick me up?
Benefits of Alfalfa
- Treats fluid retention and kidney problems
- Detoxifying properties
- Kidney cleanser
Benefits of Wheatgrass and Barley Grass
- Both are similar in their medicine and therapeutic properties
- Used to prevent cancer
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Helps with digestion and assists the immune system by destroying all toxic substances
- Great for dogs that chew grass frequently (showing us that they are needing greens)
Benefits of Spirulina and Chlorella
- Great sources for vitamins, minerals, proteins and antioxidants
- Great supply of chlorophyll than any other source around
- Easy to digest
- Most important for preventative health for all dogs
- Spirulina cleanses the body
- Protects the kidneys, especially those dogs on antibiotics and other meds
- Chlorella has less protein than Spirulina, but more than chlorophyll. It also reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, and fights free radicals while reducing inflammation.
- Rich in essential fatty acids
- Sometimes can cause hyperactivity in dogs . Always check with your veterinarian before using, and for dosage
Spirulina For Dogs Amazon
0ORGANIC YOGURT WITH BLUEBERRIES, MANGOES AND SPIRULINA Recipe
1 cup plain nonfat organic yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup mango
1 teaspoon flaxseed
Omega 3-6-9 (correct dosage for your size dog)
Combine all the ingredients, and sprinkle the recommended Spirulina dosage.
Improved nutrition strengthens the immune system, and helps prevent cancer in your dogs. National reports indicate that there are over 175 carcinogens in human foods.
With pet foods being less regulated, the possibility of higher carcinogens does exist. Feeding fresh food is always best, and adding supplements like Chlorella and Spirulina gives your dog a fighting chance against cancer and other dog diseases.
Cancer cells will not multiply and grow unless the right conditions exists.
Feeding your dog a healthy diet, supplemented with green super foods creates a less favorable environment for those cancer cells. As usual, get veterinary advice for making any dietary changes, and always opt for the highest quality dog food brands.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Woofs & Wags!
Copyright © 2015